Carrots - 2, chopped into small pieces
Celery - 2, sliced
Courgette - 1, chopped into small pieces
Garlic - 3 cloves, finely chopped
Leeks - 2, sliced
Onions - 1 large or 2 small, chopped into small pieces
Baby spinach - handful of leaves
Cannellini beans - 225g dried, soaked overnight
Chopped tomatoes - 1 400g can
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Vegetable stock - 1.5 pints
Green pesto - 2 tbsp
1) Preheat the slow cooker on high.
2) Place the beans in a large pan, cover with cold water and bring to the boil. Boil for 10 minutes. Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large pan and cook the carrots, onions, leeks and celery, stirring regularly, until softened.
3) Drain the beans and add to the pan containing the vegetables. Add the tomatoes and their juices, the garlic and vegetable stock.
4) Bring to the boil and then transfer to the slow cooker. Cook on low for 6 to 8 hours until the vegetables are very soft.
5) Add the spinach and courgette pieces to the slow cooker and cook for a further 30 minutes. Stir in the pesto and serve. Serves 4.
Kamikoto Knife Set Review + Tips
1 day ago