Tuesday, 27 April 2010
Potato and tomato gratin (2 colours)
Baking potatoes - 1kg, thinly sliced
Tomatoes - 500g, sliced
Red onions - 2, thinly sliced
Cheddar or parmesan cheese - 1 cup, grated
Basil - a few fresh leaves
Water - 50ml
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C. Brush a baking dish with olive oil. Arrange a layer of onions in the base and follow with a layer of potatoes and tomatoes - arranged alternately.
2) Drizzle some olive oil over the potatoes and tomatoes and sprinkle with half the cheese.
3) Add another layer of onions followed by the remaining potatoes and tomatoes. Add the basil leaves and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
4) Drizzle with olive oil and pour the water over evenly.
5) Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Serves 4.