Wednesday, 23 June 2010

Blackcurrant sorbet (2 colours)

My father is rather partial to blackcurrants (as are we) so I thought I'd try making this sorbet before he visits this summer. It was absolutely delicious and if I wasn't in a passionfruit craze and had I not had the most delightful passionfruit sorbet the other day I would say that this is the best sorbet I've ever had. It will have to settle for being joint best!


Ingredients
Blackcurrants - 4 cans in fruit juice, drained
Caster sugar - 100 g
Water - 120 ml
Lemon juice - 1 tbsp
Egg white - 1 tbsp

Methods
1) Heat the sugar and water in a small pan until the sugar has dissolved and then boil for 3 minutes. Leave to cool.
2) Blend the drained blackcurrants with the lemon juice and cooled syrup. Press through a sieve to remove the seeds (though I didn't manage to remove all of them I'm sure this did help with the consistency).
3) Freeze in a shallow dish with cling-film over the top until firm, but still slightly slushy. Cut into pieces and blend again, adding the egg white through the feeder of the blender. Return to the freezer.
4) 15 minutes before eating, remove the sorbet from the freezer and allow to warm slightly before serving.

2 comments:

  1. Yummy it looks very refreshing, especially in this hot weather! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Yum! Even more looking forward to seeing you!

    ReplyDelete