Sunday, 27 June 2010
Stuffed peppers (3 colours)
Red peppers - 2, halved and seeded
Cous cous - 40g
Tomatoes - 1 or 2, chopped
Dried apricots - 3, chopped
Pine nuts - 3 dessert spoons
Feta cheese - 40g, cut into cubes
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
White wine vinegar - 1 tsp
Vegetable stock - 40 ml
1) Halve the peppers lengthways. Remove the core and seeds. Place in a pyrex bowl and pour boiling water over until they're covered. Leave for 5 minutes and then drain thoroughly.
2) Put the couscous in a small bowl and pour over the stock. Leave until all the water has been absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
3) Stir in the oil, vinegar, feta cheese, pine nuts, tomatoes and apricots.
4) Fill the peppers with the cous cous mixture and place them in an oven-proof dish. Pour 75ml of boiling water around the peppers. Cover with foil and bake them at 180 degrees C for 1 hour or until the peppers are tender.
5) Remove the foil and place under the grill for a couple of minutes before serving. Serves 2.