Thursday, 5 August 2010
Spinach and ricotta cannelloni with aubergine sauce (3 colours)
Although this was from a slow cooker recipe book I'll probably just bake it in the oven next time. Not sure how long for though.
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
Aubergine - 1 large, cut into 2 inch cubes
Cannelloni shells - 9
Ricotta cheese - 250 g
Baby leaf spinach - 50 g, shredded
Egg - 1, beaten
Tomato passata - 400g
1) Fry the aubergine in the olive oil, in batches if necessary, until golden brown.
2) Add the tomato passata to the aubergine and bring to the boil. Set aside.
3) Meanwhile, mix together the spinach and ricotta in a bowl. Add the egg and stir well.
4) Using your fingers push the spinach mixture into the pasta shells. Place the shells in a slow cooker, layering if necessary.
5) Pour over the tomato and aubergine mix and cook on high for 4 hours. Serves 3.