Aubergine parcels, served with Christmas cous cous.
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
Aubergine - 1 small, sliced
Filo pastry - 2 sheets
Melted butter for brushing
Goats cheese - 60 g
For the cranberry sauce:
Cranberries - 150 g
Caster sugar - 50 g
Clementines - juice and grated rind of 2.
1) Heat the olive oil in a large frying pan and fry the aubergine slices until golden brown on both sides, in batches if necessary.
2) Leave the aubergine slices to cool for a few minutes while you prepare the pastry. Cut each pastry sheet in half, giving four large pastry squares. Brush each with butter and then layer in pairs with the corners offset.
3) Meanwhile, place the cranberry sauce ingredients in a small pan and cook on a medium heat, stirring regularly. When all the cranberries have popped open turn the heat down to low and cook until the aubergine parcels are ready.
4) Place three slices of aubergine in the centre of the pastry square and top with half the goats cheese. Fold the pastry upwards around the aubergine and pinch at the top. Brush with butter and then repeat for the other parcel.
4) Cook in the oven at 200°C for about 10 minutes until the pastry is golden brown. Serve and pour over the cranberry sauce. Serves 2.
Easy Peanut Butter Curry Chickpeas
2 days ago