Saturday, 22 January 2011
Ginger and sesame salmon cakes (1 colour)
Potatoes - 2 medium, quartered
Red salmon - 180 g tin, drained
Lime juice - 2 tsp
Olive oil - 0.5 tbsp
Sesame seeds - 1 tbsp
Garlic - 1 clove, finely chopped
Ginger - 1 inch, shredded
Green chilli - 1 small, finely chopped
Egg - 1
Breadcrumbs to coat.
1) Boil the potatoes until cooked. Drain and mash together with the salmon. Add the lime juice and stir.
2) Heat the oil in a frying pan and fry the sesame seeds for a couple of minutes. Add the garlic, ginger and chilli and fry for another couple of minutes.
3) Add the contents of the frying pan to the fish mixture and stir well. If the mixture seems too wet add some breadcrumbs.
4) Make the mixture into four large cakes. Beat the egg. Dip the fishcakes in the egg and then in breadcrumbs to coat.
5) Bake in the oven at 200°C for 25 minutes. Serve with sweet chilli sauce. Serves 2.