Saturday, 1 January 2011

A new year

It's been a year since Ian and I gave up eating meat. Apart from a few cravings for corned-beef, sausage rolls and oxtail soup it's not been particularly difficult which just goes to show how little I liked meat in the first place.

Over the last year I've cooked over a hundred new recipes and tried numerous new foods including celeriac, pomegranates, passion fruit, pumpkins, puy lentils, black-eyed beans, haloumi and tempeh.

My top 10 recipes from 2010 are
In 2011 I hope to try my hand at pastry - pies, tarts and pasties, and now that we're both working from home to be more adventurous with lunches in the form of salads, hot sandwiches and soups. There are many more foods that I hope to try cooking including buckwheat, millet, split peas, purple potatoes and more types of squash. Better get in the kitchen then...

No comments:

Post a Comment