Monday, 28 February 2011

Beetroot and apple salad (1 colour)

I'm going through a beetroot phase at the moment, so I suspect there'll be quite a few beetroot recipes posted here over the next few weeks. One thing I'm hoping to perfect is beetroot soup. We've cooked three different recipes for it so far, but I'm not quite satisfied with any of them.

This is an easy to make beetroot side dish that's very refreshing.

Ingredients
Cooked beetroot - 3 small, chopped into thin sticks
Red apple - 1, core removed and chopped into thin sticks
Lemon juice - 2 tsp

Methods
1) Put the apple in a small bowl with the lemon juice and stir to coat thoroughly. Add the beetroot and mix well. Serves 2.

2 comments:

  1. I was surprised to see on one of the cookery programmes that beetroot come in all different colours and some of them don't have so much dye in them. Don't know how easy they are to obtain or if the flavour is the same.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I too have seen yellow beetroot on US websites. Never seen it in the shops or at the market though.

    ReplyDelete