Wednesday, 16 February 2011
Potato skins with tomato and sweetcorn salsa (4 colours)
Baking potatoes - 2 large
Kidney beans - small can, drained and rinsed
Sweetcorn - 198 g can, drained
Red pepper - 0.5, chopped
Red chilli pepper - 1, seeds removed & finely chopped
Shallots - 2, finely chopped
Tomatoes - 2, chopped
Lime juice - 1 tbsp
Olive oil - 2 tbsp
Cheddar cheese - 55 g
1) Wash and prick the potatoes and then bake in the oven at 200°C for about 75 minutes until crisp on the outside and soft on the inside.
2) Mix together the kidney beans, sweetcorn, pepper, chilli, shallots and tomatoes in a bowl. Add the lime juice and 1 tbsp of olive oil and stir.
3) When the potatoes have cooked, remove them from the oven. Pour the salsa into a saucepan and cook on low.
4) While the salsa is cooking, cut the potatoes in half lengthways. With a dessert spoon gently remove the potato from the skins - don't press to hard or you'll break through the skins. You can cook the potato in another recipe or simply eat it as a side dish as we did.
5) Place the skins, cut-side up on a baking tray and brush the insides with the remaining oil. Grill on medium for 5 minutes.
6) Fill the skins with the salsa (you'll probably end up with a little left over) and top with cheese. Grill until the cheese has melted. Serves 2.