Thursday, 30 June 2011
Potatoes with creamy corn topping (3 colours)
Potatoes - 4 large, very thinly sliced
Red onion - 1, sliced
Chopped tomatoes - 2 400g tins
Parsley - 1 handful
Evaporated milk - 150 ml
Sweetcorn - 540 g
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Mozzarella - 125 g
1) Place the sweetcorn and evaporated milk in a blender and blend to combine.
2) Heat the oil in a frying pan and when hot add the sweetcorn mixture. Cook for 5 to 10 minutes until thickened.
3) Meanwhile, clean the blender bowl and add the tomatoes with their juices and parsley. Blend until the parsley has been chopped fine. Add the mozzarella to the frying pan and stir well.
4) Spread the potato slices over the base of a slow cooker.
5) Add the onion on top and then cover with the tomatoes and parsley.
6) When the mozzarella has melted pour the sweetcorn topping on top of the tomatoes. Cook on high for 4 hours or on low for 6-8 hours.