Sunday, 31 July 2011
Roasted root vegetable and goat's cheese hash (3 colours)
Olive oil for roasting
Carrots - 4 large, peeled and chopped into large pieces
Parsnips - 3, peeled and chopped into large pieces
Beetroot - 3 small, cut into wedges
Garlic - 1 clove, finely chopped
Pine nuts - 1 tbsp
Butter for frying
New potatoes - 700 g
Goat's cheese - 250 g
1) Roast the carrots, parsnips and beetroot with the garlic sprinkled on top at 200°C for 40 minutes or until cooked.
2) Meanwhile, boil the potatoes in their skins. Drain and slice.
3) Heat a frying pan and toast the pine nuts, being careful not to burn them. Tip the pine nuts into a large bowl and return the frying pan to the heat. Add the butter.
4) Fry the potato slices in batches until golden brown.
5) When the root vegetables are cooked add them to the bowl with the pine nuts and stir well. Crumble three quarters of the goat's cheese over the top and stir.
6) Tip the root vegetables into an ovenproof dish and top with the potato slices. Crumble over the remaining goat's cheese and cook for 15 minutes at 200°C. Serves 6.