These were referred to as biscuits in the recipe book, but they're so large and fluffy we both agreed they were definitely buns. They have a lovely flavour, but are a little plain so I may ice them with either plain or lemon icing next time.
Plain flour - 250 g
Granulated sugar - 2 tbsp
Baking powder - 1 tbsp
Bicarbonate of soda - 0.5 tsp
Salt - 0.5 tsp
Grated lemon zest - 2 tsp
Butter - 76 g
Plain yoghurt - 250 ml
1) Sieve the flour, sugar, baking powder, bicarbonate of soda and salt into a mixing bowl. Addd the lemon zest and stir.
2) Add the butter and mix until it forms coarse crumbs. Add the yoghurt all at once and stir to make a soft, slightly sticky dough.
3) Form the dough into a ball and knead on a floured surface for a minute. Pat into a 1 inch thick round.
4) At this point the recipe stated to use a 2 inch cutter and to cut rounds from the dough. We tried this, but the dough was too sticky so we just tore pieces off and made them into bun shapes. Place on a greased baking sheet.
5) Bake at 220°C for 12 to 15 minutes. Keep an eye on them as they cook very quickly. Cool on a cooling rack. Makes 12-14 buns.
Easy Peanut Butter Curry Chickpeas
2 days ago