Saturday, 3 December 2011

Black forest trifle (1 colour)

It's December, our tree is up and half the Christmas cards are in the post. There are so many Christmassy recipes that I want to try that I couldn't possibly cook (and eat) them all in the traditional festive period so I shall start early...

I've never been a fan of cream or cold custard so this is the only trifle I've ever liked.

Ingredients
Chocolate swiss roll (not the kind coated in chocolate) - 1, sliced
Tinned black cherries - 400 g tin, stones removed
Chocolate angel delight - 1 pack
Milk - 300 ml

Methods
1) Arrange the swiss roll slices on the bottom of a trifle or similar dish.

2) Pour over the juice/syrup from the tin of cherries and then arrange the cherries on top.
3) Make the angel delight with the milk as per the instructions on the packet and then pour over the cherries. Smooth the top with the back of a spoon and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes before serving. Serves 6.

No comments:

Post a Comment