Thursday, 16 August 2012

Blueberry sauce (2 colours)



As a change from the endless blueberry cakes, puddings and pancakes I decided to make a healthy main meal that included blueberries. Looking on the web for ideas I found that lots of people recommended blueberries with salmon. I admit I thought it sounded odd (as did Ian and he will eat pretty much anything), but since I love the combination of tuna and peaches I decided that this was definitely worth trying. Boy was it worth trying. Overnight it has become my favourite way of eating salmon. It's also great for finishing up those slightly mushy blueberries if you've left them in the fridge for too long.

Ingredients
Cornflour - 1 tbsp
Lemon juice - 1.5 tbsp
Balsamic vinegar - 2 tbsp
Blueberries - 150 g
Thyme - 1 tsp
Water - 50 ml

Methods
1) Mix the cornflour and lemon juice together in a small pan. Add the other ingredients and then simmer for 20-30 minutes, stirring regularly. Serves 4.


No comments:

Post a Comment