1) Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and peppers to the pan and simmer for a few minute until softened. Add the garlic and cook for a further 2 minutes.
2) Add the chilli powder, cumin, oregano and tomatoes. Simmer for 15 minutes.
3) Add the kidney beans, courgettes and tomato puree to the pan and simmer for another 30 minutes.
4) Meanwhile, cook the macaroni until al dente. Drain and then add to the pan containing the chilli. Stir and then pour into a large baking dish.
5) Cook in the oven at 200°C for 15 minutes. Top with the cheese and return to the oven until the cheese is melted and beginning to brown. Serves 6.