Wednesday, 12 September 2012
Blackberry jam (2 colours)
Blackberries - 750 g
Granulated sugar - 900 g
Pectin - 13 g sachet
Lemon juice - 2 tbsp
Butter - knob
1) Place the blackberries, sugar and pectin in a jam pan and stir. Set aside for 10 minutes.
2) Add the lemon juice to the pan and heat gently, stirring occasionally (do not boil).
3) When the sugar and pectin have melted add the butter to the pan and then bring to the boil.
4) When the jam begins a rolling boil (frothy, rising in the pan and unable to be stirred down) begin timing.
5) After exactly 4 minutes remove from the heat and pour into sterilised jars. It's best to pour it into the jars immediately as I found it began to set in the pan after only a few minutes. Makes enough for 4 to 5 jars.