This is best eaten warm and tastes quite like a sponge pudding.
Butter - 200 g
Golden caster sugar - 300 g
Eggs - 4
Plain flour - 200 g
Baking powder - 0.5 tsp
Milk - 2 tbsp
Fresh or frozen (not tinned) blackberries - 500 g
Vanilla extract - 1 tsp
1) Cream the butter and 200 g of the sugar together in a large bowl. Gradually add the eggs, flour and baking powder, stirring.
2) Add the milk and stir until smooth.
3) Grease and line a 22cm diameter round cake tin and then spread 300 g of the blackberries over the bottom. Pour over the batter and bake at 180°C for 50 to 55 minutes until golden. Remove from the oven and leave to cool for a few minutes.
4) Cook the rest of the blackberries with the vanilla extract and remaining sugar in a small pan. Bring to the boil and then simmer for a few minutes.
5) Turn the cake onto a plate and then serve warm with the blackberry syrup and ice cream. Serves 8.
QUICK ALMOND BUTTER COOKIES
7 hours ago