Tuesday, 27 April 2010
Baking potatoes - 1kg, thinly sliced
Tomatoes - 500g, sliced
Red onions - 2, thinly sliced
Cheddar or parmesan cheese - 1 cup, grated
Basil - a few fresh leaves
Water - 50ml
1) Preheat the oven to 180°C. Brush a baking dish with olive oil. Arrange a layer of onions in the base and follow with a layer of potatoes and tomatoes - arranged alternately.
2) Drizzle some olive oil over the potatoes and tomatoes and sprinkle with half the cheese.
3) Add another layer of onions followed by the remaining potatoes and tomatoes. Add the basil leaves and sprinkle with the remaining cheese.
4) Drizzle with olive oil and pour the water over evenly.
5) Bake in the oven for 1 hour. Serves 4.
Friday, 2 April 2010
This curry only requires 3 minutes preparation because we cheated and used a jar of tikka massala sauce, rather than making the sauce ourselves. If you're not a fan of tofu you can replace it with quorn or chicken.
Curry sauce - 1 jar
Sweet potato - 1 large or two small, peeled and chopped into 1cm cubes
Tofu - 1/2 block, chopped into cubes
Chick peas - 1/2 a 400g can, drained
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
1) Heat the olive oil in a medium-sized frying pan. Fry the tofu pieces until golden brown. Meanwhile, par-boil the sweet potato for 10 minutes.
2) Add the sauce and chick peas to the tofu. Drain the sweet potato and add to the frying pan. Cook on a low-medium heat for a further 10 minutes and then serve with rice and naan bread. Serves 2.