The original recipe for this suggested cooking the loaf in a slow cooker, but I cooked it in the oven. I haven't perfected the cooking time / temperature yet, so use your judgement and if in doubt try popping a skewer in to see if it comes out clean.
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Onion - 1, finely chopped
Celery - 2 sticks, chopped
Carrots - 4, grated
Garlic - 2 cloves, finely chopped
Red pepper - 1, chopped
Red or green chilli pepper - 1/2, finely chopped
Cashew nuts (unsalted) - 1 cup, coarsely chopped
Cheddar cheese - 2 cups, grated
Green or brown lentils - 1 large (~400g) can, drained and rinsed
Eggs - 2
1) Heat the oil in a frying pan and when hot add the onion and celery. Cook for about 5 minutes until softened.
2) Add the carrot, garlic, red pepper and chilli pepper to the frying pan. Stir and cook for a further 5 minutes, then set aside.
3) In a large bowl mix together the cashew nuts, cheese and lentils. Add the carrot mixture and stir well.
4) Beat the eggs in a small bowl and then add to the mixture. Stir well.
5) Grease a loaf tin and fill with the mixture. Cover with foil and cook for an hour at 160°C. Remove the foil and cook for another hour at 180°C. Serves 4.
Kamikoto Knife Set Review + Tips
1 day ago