Tuesday, 19 November 2013
Baking potatoes - 2 large or 3 medium sized
Olive oil for brushing
1) Heat the oven to 200 °C. Scrub each potato and then slice lengthways into 3 or 4 pieces. Brush a large baking tray with olive oil and then line with the potato slices. Brush the top of each slice with oil.
2) Bake for an hour or until golden, turning once after around 30 minutes. Serves 2.
Tuesday, 5 November 2013
Olive oil - 1 tbsp
Leeks - 2, washed and thinly sliced
Onions - 2 large, chopped
Garlic - 3 cloves, finely chopped
Peeled potatoes - 450 g, chopped into 1 cm cubes
Vegetable stock - 1 litre
1) Heat the oil in a large saucepan. Add the leeks and onions and cook for 5 minutes, stirring regularly. Add the garlic and cook for another minute.
2) Add the potatoes and stock to the pan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
3) Blend until smooth, in batches if necessary. Return to the pan and reheat. Serves 4.